Severe Diabetic Foot Model Features:
This model illustrates potentially severe consequences of uncontrolled diabetes. It can be used for student education and patient training of Diabetic complications such as Diabetic Neuropathy.
Part of the Diaped® Educational Tools consist of full and half foot models representing the three stages of various ulcer development in the Diabetic Foot.
Made of BIOLIKE 2™ synthetic tissue, the model contains three ulcers in various stages of development along with other features commonly associated with diabetes. A graphic reminder of the importance of proper diabetic foot care.
The Model Features:
- Amputated Big Toe
- Severe Infection and Gangrene
- Swelling and Redness—Can Also Be Used to Discuss Charcot Foot Deformity
- Severe Foot Ulcer
- Pressure Point Irritation Leading to Ulcer
- Irritation to Other Toes
Comes with instruction card and carrying case.
Measures approx. 9 cm x 24 cm x 10 cm.
- After each use, gently clean the model with mild soap and warm water.
- Do not scrub the surface as it may cause damage to the painted areas.
- Pat the model dry with a clean cloth and re-powder it.
- Do not allow the model to come into contact with ink or printed materials.
- Do not puncture the model with fingernails or other sharp objects.