Bactigras is soothing and low-adherent and allows the wound to drain freely into an absorbent secondary dressing. Bactigras is a sterile paraffin Tulle Gras dressing made from open weave gauze. The gauze has interlocking threads which minimise fraying when the dressing is cut to shape.
Bactigras contains chlorhexidine which is an active agent against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, including MRSA. The dressing is suitable for covering wounds such as minor burns, lacerations, abrasions, graft sites and leg ulcers.
Bactigras Sterile Gauze Dressings Features & Benefits:
- Soft paraffin base.
- Sterile leno weave presentation.
- Contains Chlorhexidine acetate 0.5%, an antiseptic with a broad spectrum.
Indications for use:
- Minor burns and scalds.
- Lacerations, abrasions and other skin loss wounds.
- Donor and recipient graft sites.
- Where the wound is no more than 10% of the body area, where there is a risk of infection, or on already infected wounds in conjunction with systemic antibiotics.
Contraindications / Precautions
It should not be used in known cases of sensitivity or allergy to chlorhexidine.
Pack Size: Pack of 50.
Size: 5cm x 5cm.