Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer | Home Tool in the fight against Diabetic Ulceration
An early warning tool in the fight against diabetic or neuropathic ulceration. The only thermometer in the world that accurately projects the temperature reading.
The only thermometer in the world that projects the temperature reading on the skin or on the objects’ surface.
An early warning tool in the fight against diabetic or neuropathic ulceration:
From the makers of the Thermofocus® - the world’s first non-contact thermometer protected by several international patents, this non-contact infrared thermometer from the Diaped range measures the temperature with excellent accuracy and is easy to use.
Thermometer Features and Benefits:
- For clinician and patient use.
- Safe and hygienic for use with multiple patients – no sterilisation or covers required.
- The projection system indicates the correct reading distance
- Measures and projects the temperature of objects, food, liquids (1 to 55°C / 33.8 to 131°F) and the skin, as well as the ambient temperature
- 5 colours illuminated display
- 9 memories, stores temperature readings for accurate comparison.
- Precise measurements in any environment – warm or cold.
- Can be used for both skin and open wound temperature measurements.
- Accurate reading in less than 2 seconds. Accuracy tests according to ASTME standards within +/-0.2°C (+/-0.4°F)
- Safety cap to protect lens and sensor.
- Medical Device Class IIa, complies with infection control regulations, its ergonomic design allows for easy wipe cleaning.
- Includes batteries and instruction manual.
With each temperature measurement, the VisioFocus takes a series of 125 readings per tenth of a second. Its sophisticated microprocessor then amplifies and processes this information along with the room temperature and shows the correct temperature of the area through the projection. That makes it particularly suitable for hospital use, where room temperature can change from room to room, as well as in ambulances and in private practices.
How to Use
Please read the instructions for use. Instructions video also available. Take the body temperature from the forehead with the FACE button. Take the skin temperature (for example when there is inflammation or excess swelling of the feet) using the HOME button. Take the temperature of surfaces (like objects or liquids) with the HOME button.
Knowing the temperature of the feet helps monitoring the inflammation previous to foot ulceration and other complications of the diabetic or neuropathic foot as indicated by clinical evidence, by measuring the skin temperature of the sole of the foot.
Just bring the thermometer close to the foot, at the distance that the thermometer itself will tell you, so that the reading temperature will appear projected on the skin.
It has been indicated in many studies that a rise in temperature on the surface of the skin, is the earliest warning of a potential foot ulceration. Used in the diagnosis of Diabetic and Neuropathic Foot conditions (e.g. Neuropathic arthropathy or Charcot foot), the thermometer will scan the temperature of the foot allowing comparative tests within a specific area of the foot or leg. It will also allow you to test both feet, storing the data each time.
For Home Use
Easy to use, patients can also use it at home for self-monitoring of their conditions to alert their clinician when temperature changes take place and are able to reduce activity levels to avoid more serious problems such as ulceration and access MDT care more quickly.
The LCD display automatically shows room temperature when in stand-by. This model is provided with both the
AQCS and the MQCS (Manual Quick Calibration System) technologies.
Clinical evidence research
Home monitoring of foot skin temperatures to prevent ulceration.