The DARCO Body Armor® Embrace is an ankle joint orthosis which is applied during the acute phase of injury as well as during the process of rehabilitation.
Indications for use:
- Distorsion trauma of the upper ankle joint.
- Conservative ankle rehabilitation.
- Insufficiencies of the upper ankle joint and capsule-ligament complex.
- Postoperative protection after ligament suturing.
- Prevents supination and pronation of the ankle.
- Prevents prolapse of the talus.
- Protects the anterior talofibular ligament.
- Compresses the mortise.
- Prevention of chronic instability.
Product Features and Benefits:
- For the post-traumatic and preventive care of the capsular ligaments of the ankle.
- Parallel joints of the brace allow an easy and aligned dorsal extension and plantar flexion of the upper ankle.
- Strong polypropylene-shell prevents inversion and eversion movement.
- Strap from distal/lateral to dorsal/proximal prevents the shift of the talus and protects the ligamentum fibulotalare anterius.
- Distal strap provides circular compression of the Malleoli.
- Proximal strap provides additional compression. (Both straps can be cut individually to the correct length needed).
- Perfect stability along with controlled mobility.
- Lower part of the insole (soft-pad) is mainly intended for padding the injured ankle and may be cut off at the marked segments after the ankle has healed.
- Two hook and loop fasteners warrant a smooth and easy but firm position of the foot.
- The talus shift strap helps to prevent talar shift.
- 3 Sizes: S (35 – 39), M (40 – 44), L (45 – 49).
- Individually sized.