The Flex is the closest option available to a custom-made orthotic and is made from durable polypropylene.
Independent research concluded that; "There is no difference between custom-made orthoses and Interpod prefabricated foot orthoses for patients comfort and fit to footwear."
- Closest alternative to a custom-made orthotic
- ¾ length
- Rear Foot Wedge
- Cuboid Notch
- Plantar Fascial Groove
- Shank Independent
Advantages of Polypropylene:
- Very easy to grind and adjust
- Easy to attach additions with contact glue
- Heat mouldable
- Extremely durable
- Shank independent
- Various cover options can adhere to shell
- Flexible shell provides comfort and shock attenuation
- Thin, light and slim fit for comfort in all shoes
Please Note: This product is no longer sold with a 3/4 length top cover.
Backhouse I C.J. Bowen I Alison Mitchel
School of Health Professions & Rehabilitation Services, University of Southampton. (2015).
Craig Payne I Matthew Oates I Alison Mitchel
Australasian Journal of Podiatric Medicine. (2001); Vol 36, No.1 : 7-12
Joanne Paton I Elizabeth Stenhouse I Ray Jones I Graham Bruce
The Diabetic Foot Journal Vol 10, No. 3 (2007)