Medium Density (Shore A50)
A great all-rounder. Offers an ‘average’ level of support and control which can be increased if required when using wedging.
Slimflex Simple - Medium Density - 3/4 Length Features & Benefits:
- Designed for quick and effective chairside fitting, the Slimflex Simple is an excellent, cost-effective orthotic.
- Integrated first metatarsal cut-out to facilitate the Windlas Mechanism.
- Metatarsal raise and sustentaculum tali support.
- Flat base for adhering wedging.
- Deep heel cup for greater control.
- Fully heat mouldable and grindable.
Indications & When to use:
- Due to the level of customisation that is achievable with the Slimflex Simple, the treatment options with this device are endless.
- Slimflex Simple is recommended where speed of orthotic turnaor und is of prime importance and where chairside treatment is the chosen solution to biomechanical pathologies.
- Heat mouldable and grindable, the Slimflex Simple allows for quick modification and patient customisation. The flat base also allows for postings.
- Simple medial and lateral posts.
- Heel lift additions.
- Metatarsal raise/bar additions.
- Arch and rearfoot reinforcements.
- Shape modification.
|Size||Size UK||Size EU|
|Childs Small||12 - 13.5||30 - 32|
|Childs Large||1 - 2.5||33 - 35|
|X-Small||3 - 4.5||36 - 38|
|Small||5 - 6.5||39 - 40|
|Medium||7 - 8.5||41 - 42|
|Large||9 - 10.5||43 - 44|
|X-Large||11 - 12.5||45 - 48|
|XX-Large||13 - 14.5||49 - 51|
Rearfoot Control - why?
By controlling the rearfoot (calcaneal correction), not only the foot is supported from the moment it contacts the ground, but also during the initial stage of gait. Often by realigning the rearfoot, the mid and forefoot require less compensatory motion. (for an STJ axis deviation, the prescriber will choose the amount of rear foot correction, either intrinsically or extrinsically.
1st Ray Cutout
A first ray cut-out allows the first ray to plantarflex more effectively.
When the first ray is allowed to plantarflex the windlass mechanism functions normally and compression is reduced in the first MPJ and tension is reduced in the plantar fascia.
Most commonly used with functional hallux limitus and supinators. A 1st metatarsal cut-out drops the first metatarsal down (into plantarflexion) and forces the forefoot into pronation,achieving a better toe-off and conversely a better heel strike.