Wobble Boards or Balance Boards as they are also known can help retrain proprioception (the sense of balance) after injury thus preventing further injury and ensuring a speedy return to recovery.
Indications for use:
- Strengthening ankle, thigh muscles, and core muscles.
- Improves proprioceptive senses
- Suitable for all skill levels.
Examples of exercises:
- Improve ankle range of motion by sitting in a chair and placing feet on the board. Rotate each ankle in both directions.
- Stand on the board, rocking the board forward and backwards and side to side.
- Stand on the board and rotate so the edges touch the floor.
- Stand up on the board while performing small knee bends.
- Balance standing on one leg.