Lamisil AT 1% Spray is a spray solution containing 1% of the active ingredient, terbinafine hydrochloride. It is a cutaneous spray, i.e. it is sprayed onto the toe nails and skin effected by fungal infections.
Lamisil provides cooling relief from the itching and burning of fungal infections of the skin.
Lamisil Spray Features and Benefits:
- Antifungal and works by killing the fungi causing your skin problem: Used to treat the skin problems caused by fungi in athlete's foot (tinea pedis) and dhobie itch/jock itch (tinea cruris).
- Athlete's foot (tinea pedis): Athlete's foot appears only on the feet (usually both, but not always), where it often appears in between the toes. It can also appear on the instep, soles, or other areas of the feet. The most common type of athlete's foot causes cracking or scaling of the skin, but you may also have mild swelling, blisters, or weeping ulcers.
- Recommended for athlete's foot when it occurs between the toes. If you have a fungal nail infection (fungus inside and under the nail) with discolouration of the nails and changes in nail texture (thick or flaky), you should consult your doctor because it is not appropriate for this type of infection.
- Dhobie itch (tinea cruris): Dhobie itch appears in the groin and inner thigh area, usually on both sides but often with one side more than the other, where it can be spread further between the legs to the buttocks, or up towards the stomach. Dhobie itch looks like a clearly bordered rash, which may have blisters.
How to Use Lamisil
- Wash the infected area with warm water and a mild soap. Afterwards, dry thoroughly
- Put a small amount of Lamisil Cream on your finger and apply a thin layer to the infected spots and the adjacent areas
- For jock itch and ringworm, apply Lamisil once daily for 7 days
- For athlete's foot between the toes, apply twice daily for 7 days
- For athlete's foot on the bottom or sides of the foot, apply twice daily for 2 weeks
- In order to avoid infecting other areas of your body, always wash your hands after applying the treatment