The DARCO OrthoWedge® is clinically proven to reduce weight-bearing pressure on the forefoot which promotes faster healing after surgery, trauma or when forefoot wounds or ulcerations are present.
- Post Surgical healing.
- Forefoot trauma.
- Wounds or ulcerations present under metatarsal heads and toes.
- Any situation that requires a pressure off-load of the forefoot.
- Used postoperatively after procedures to correct hallux valgus, hammer toes/tailor's bunions.
- Forefoot ulcerations.
Features and Benefits:
- 15° Wedge Sole effectively shifts body weight to the midfoot and heel.
- Reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57%!
- Square Toe Design acts as a bumper to protect the toes when k-wires are present and provides better Left/Right fit.
- Ankle Strap seats foot firmly in shoe to reduce heel slippage and eliminate friction.
- Removable Forefoot Closure provides security while eliminating buckle pressure.
- Zoned Outsole has an aggressive tread under the mid-foot where traction is needed most.
- Removable Insole features twice the padding of standard insoles and can be modified as needed. The insole can be totally removed to accommodate DARCO’s innovative Peg Assist™ (PQ Series) customizable off-loading insole.
- 57% Reduction in Metatarsal Head Pressure.
- Peak Pressure drops from 19PSI to 8PSI.
- 75% Reduction in Great Toe Pressure.
- Peak Pressure drops from 17PSI to 4PSI.
- Additional toe cap available.
|XSmall||Up to 4|
|Paediatric||up to 12.5 kid’s size|
- DARCO Peg Assist Insole.
Pressure and abrasion are the enemies of wound care, the OrthoWedge® is designed to naturally reduce the number of steps taken by the patient while still allowing them to ambulate when necessary.
The OrthoWedge® has been tested under fire in both clinical and real-world settings and continues to produce outstanding results. When forefoot off-loading is required to allow wounds/ulcerations under the metatarsal heads and toes to heal, nothing beats the OrthoWedge®.